Great Vegan and Gluten Free Meals that can Boost Team Productivity
Several recent studies and research works have proved that employees of organizations who choose to eat plant based foods and incorporate gluten free items into their diet show a vast improvement in their productivity in life and particularly at work. Vegan and gluten free meals are highly important for the workforce of your business as well.
In this article, we learn 1) why vegan and gluten-free meals are so important for you and your team, 2) vegan meals for increasing team productivity, and 3) gluten free meals for increasing team productivity.
WHY VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE MEALS ARE SO IMPORTANT FOR YOU AND YOUR TEAM?
By improving their productivity, you as a business owner can experience a steep increase in the sales and thus overall profit. Not convinced? Here are a few reasons why vegan of gluten free meals are so important for you and your team:
- Increasing productivity: Vegan and gluten free foods not only affect our physical well-being but also affect our brains. This results in overall improved productivity at work since there is a steep decline in mood swings, and we are better able to go through the errands of the day. The ingredients present in vegan foods enter our brains through the means of the bloodstream and help us by improving our focus and concentration. Skipping meals and not getting enough of these ingredients can lead to a decrease in the energy levels and thus decrease in the work productivity. A regular supply of vitamins and minerals is required to avoid malnutrition that again helps the cause.
- Boosting mood: Another reason why gluten free foods and vegan meals are so important for the workforce of your business is because they greatly help to boost the mood, and this further helps the employees focus better on their work. Such meals help to decrease anxiety, fatigue and depression that are some reasons that why workers may not be performing to the best of their abilities, and this could decrease the productivity at work.
- Increasing creativity by supporting brains with the “right” food: Healthful vegan foods such as black bean chilies, green leafy vegetables, vegetable hummus sandwiches and others are full of the needed vitamins and mineral which not only boost creativity but also make way for making one physically and socially active. On the other hand, healthful carbohydrate rich foods like oats, brown rice, rye bread, etc. help to stimulate the production of serotonin levels in the brain. This serotonin helps the employees to feel better, and this further promotes acquiring new skills etc., which ultimately helps in boosting team performance.
- Prevention of several medical conditions and diseases: Another major benefit of incorporating vegan or gluten free meals in the diet of employees is that by eating these foods on a regular basis, the risk of diseases like diabetes, obesity and heart conditions can be greatly reduced. By improvement in the physical health of the workforce, the number of leaves or medical leaves decreases and everyone in the team can contribute to the overall goals.
VEGAN MEALS FOR INCREASING TEAM PRODUCTIVITY
A vegan diet is a kind of a diet which consists of plant based foods and excludes the consumption of animals as well as animal-based products like dairy products, honey, and eggs, etc. An increasing number of people are now converting themselves from vegetarians or non-vegetarians and adapting to the Vegan Lifestyle. As mentioned earlier, this has several benefits for the physical and mental wellbeing. Vegan foods can also tremendously improve your team’s productivity. The following are some of the vegan recipes that can be incorporated into diets:
Vegan recipes for Breakfast
Avocado Power Smoothie
Avocado power smoothie is a delicious and energizing breakfast recipe which is stuffed with several nutrients and some of the benefits that it can offer to your team include an increase in blood flow and firing up the brain. It also packs about 11 to 17 grams of fiber which further is superb for the health.
- 1/4 small avocado
- 5 cashew nuts
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 tsp raw honey or agave syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned above in a blender and mix them until a puree like consistency is obtained.
- If required, add a little more lime juice and you are done!
Yerba Mate Latte
This is an amazingly soothing and cool drink that not only helps to improve focus and alertness but also enhances mood and creativity. According to a study, this drink also enhances short-term intellectual function.
- 1 Yerba Mate Tea Bag
- 2 ounces of Almond Milk
- Some raw honey
- Heat about 6 ounces of water and Dip in the Yerba Mate Teabag to let it steep for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the raw honey or any other sweetener of your choice and pour in some steamed milk.
- Complete the drink by adding warm almond milk.
Vegan Recipes for Lunch
Baked potatoes with rosemary and sea salt
The crispy potatoes with sea salt and rosemary are not only amazingly tasty but are also healthy. Having them at lunch not only adds an energy punch but also enhances productivity thereafter.
- 1 kg potatoes (preferably small-sized ones)
- Sea salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Black pepper
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Wash the potatoes well and then let them boil until they are tender.
- Drain them and drizzle with olive oil. Let them roll over the sea salt, mixed with freshly ground black pepper and rosemary.
- Place the potatoes in a preheated oven’s roasting tray and cook for about 25 minutes.
- When golden, take them out and serve hot.
Lemon Rice is easy to prepare and a much more delicious alternative to plain rice. This dish is popular in India and Thailand and is often served as a meal at workplace cafeterias.
- 450 grams of Basmati Rice
- 2 tsp of Urad Dal
- 5 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. of mustard seeds
- A few curry leaves
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Fresh chopped coriander
- Black pepper
- Let the rice rest in water for about 30-60 minutes and then boil them in water for about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the vegetable oil on the low frame in a frying pan and add mustard seeds. When they begin to pop, add in the Urad dal and curry leaves.
- Cook for about a minute.
- Pour the steamed rice in a bowl and then add the cooked spices over them. Top with chopped coriander and lemon juice.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste and serve.
Vegan Recipes for Dinner
Tomato Basil Soup
Dinner is the ideal time of the day to indulge in some soup. This is a classic and comforting soup with a hint of fresh basil that works tremendously as far as the physical and mental health is concerned.
For Basil oil:
- A large pack of fresh basil leaves
- 200 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
For the soup:
- 2 kg of mixed tomatoes(preferably very ripe)
- Red wine vinegar of good quality
- 2 gloves of garlic
- Olive oil
For Basil oil:
- Add a few basil leaves in cold water and leave them.
- Place the rest of the basil leaves in a mortar and sprinkle a little bit of salt.
- Bash the leaves so that all of them are broken, and a green paste is obtained.
- Add this paste to a jug or a container and then sprinkle the olive oil on top. Mix together.
For the soup:
- Add the olive oil to a pan and over medium flame and throw in the basil stalks with some chopped garlic.
- Fry for some time and then add the tomatoes. Add in about 150 ml of water and let the mixture boil.
- Now reduce the heat and let the tomatoes cook for about 5-7 minutes. Make sure the tomatoes have broken down properly.
- Remove from heat and add the green basil oil to the mixture.
- Your soup is ready to be served.
When loads of vegetables are added and cooked together, the result is a healthy, fresh and satisfying vegetable curry. This vegan recipe is a hit among workplaces and is offered suggested by business leaders to their employees
- 1 medium sized red onion, peeled and chopped
- 150 grams of cauliflower florets
- 1 diced courgette
- 600 ml of curry base sauce
- Vegetable oil
- ½ of peeled and diced butternut
- 100 gram quartered mushrooms
- 1 diced red pepper
- 400 ml of water
- Fry the onions in a little amount of vegetable oil in a frying pan for about 7 minutes.
- Add all the remaining vegetables and then stir them all together.
- Now add the curry base sauce into the mixture and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Make sure you do not overcook the vegetables. If the consistency becomes very thick, add a small quantity of water.
- Your dish is ready.
GLUTEN FREE MEALS FOR INCREASING TEAM PRODUCTIVITY
A gluten free diet is a kind of a diet which does not include the protein gluten. Gluten protein is usually found in grains like rye, wheat, barley, etc. and is a cross breed of wheat and rye called triticale. This kind of a diet is usually recommended to those who suffer from a disease known as celiac disease. But avoiding gluten in the diet can have many other benefits as well, one of which is boosting of work productivity. The following are some gluten free recipes that you can include in your diet to avail these benefits.
Gluten free recipes for Breakfast
Hot Quinoa cereal with maple syrup apples
This is one of the best gluten free breakfast recipes that can work exceedingly well for your team’s productivity and performance.
- 2 cups diced apples
- ¼ cup water
- Ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups of water
- Some sea salt
- 2/3 cups quinoa flakes
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup(preferably pure)
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the apple with ¼ cup water and bring to a boil in a skillet. Add in cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon and let the mixture simmer at low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it stand
- Boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan on high heat and add in quinoa and salt. Stir frequently while cooking and then remove from heat. Add sugar and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Put apple mixture to heat again and add butter, syrup and vanilla to it. Let the butter melt and serve with cereal.
Banana breakfast smoothie
This is a protein packed smoothie which is perfect for office-goers and other workers. It packs a health punch and is easy to make as well
- 1 sliced and frozen large ripe banana
- ½ cup crushed ice
- Ground nutmeg
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 cup plain reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- Combine milk, ice, honey, nutmeg and banana in a blender and process for about 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Add yoghurt to the mixture and process again.
- Serve fresh.
Gluten free recipes for Lunch
Rice noodles with parmesan, sundried tomatoes and basil
This is a superb gluten free alternative to the traditional pasta or noodles and works fantastically as a lunch time meal.
- 85 grams of sundried tomatoes
- Oil of sundried tomatoes
- 250 grams rice noodles
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 25 gram parmesan cheese, grated
- Basil leaves
- Boil or prepare the noodles as per the instructions given on the packet and then drain them.
- Take oil in a large pan, heat it and add the sundried tomatoes with garlic. Fry the tomatoes and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Toss in the noodles, cheese and the basil leaves in the pan and add seasoning.
- Ready to serve.
Lentil, carrot and ham salad
This is a very healthy salad which is full of fiber, vitamin C and several other nutrients that can help to boost productivity at work.
- 2 finely diced carrots
- 250 gram of drained ham
- 400 gram lentils, drained
- Finely chopped parsley
- 4 finely diced celery sticks
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- Take a large sized bowl and combine all the ingredients of the salad in it.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the ingredients of the dressing and add about a tablespoon of water.
- Add in some seasoning according to taste and pour the dressing on the salad to complete it. Mix well and serve.
Gluten free recipes for Dinner
Curried quinoa salad with cucumber-mint raita
This is an Indian dish which comes with the protein rich quinoa and cooks pretty fast. This recipe is one of the best foods to improve work productivity and boost health in general.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tbsp. currants
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 diced ripe peeled mango
- 2 tsp chopped mint
- 2 tsp Madras curry powder
- 6 ounces package fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup finely diced peeled cucumber
- 6 ounces carton plain low-fat yogurt
- Take a medium sized saucepan and heat a little bit of oil in it. Add garlic and the curry powder and cook for about 1 minute. Keep stirring and then add in the quinoa. Pour in 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat. Let the mixture simmer for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender.
- Remove from heat and add salt. Let it cool.
- Add mango and other 4 ingredients and toss.
- Mix mint, cucumber, yoghurt in a bowl and mix well.
- Place equal amounts of spinach in 6 plates and serve equal amounts of quinoa mixture to each. Pour in 2 tsp. raita and serve.
Pan seared scallops with spinach and bacon
This is the perfect example of a dinner dish which is tasty as well as healthy.
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 3 bacon slices
- 6 sliced garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo sea scallops
- Take a large sized cast-iron skillet and cook bacon in it over medium flame until bacon is crisp. Remove it from the pan while leaving behind 1 tbsp. drippings in the pan.
- Now chop the bacon coarsely and leave aside. Increase the flame to high.
- Dry the scallops with a paper towel and then Sprinkle them evenly with 1/8 tsp pepper and same amount of salt. Put the scallops to drippings in pan and cook for about 2 1/2 minutes on either of the sides.
- Transfer to a plate and let it remain warm now lower the flame to medium-high and Add onion and garlic to the pan. Let these cook for some time until light brown and then put in the remaining spinach. Cook for some time and then remove from heat.
- Add in the remaining pepper and salt.
- Divide spinach mixture in equal quantities and place in 4 plates. Add 3 scallops each and chopped bacon to the spinach and serve with lemon wedges.
Comments are closed.